Vacancy – Senior Scientist / Scientist
The RxCelerate group of companies provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies. RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes.
RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to join us to develop our services. This position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
This is an exciting time to join RxBiologics as we scale up to support our growing client base following our external service release in early 2021. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
The successful candidate will have experience of antibody discovery campaigns with a working knowledge of lead isolation, characterisation and antibody engineering. They will help establish our internal cell line generation capability, provide molecular biology expertise for antibody engineering and support our internal workflows by performing phage display selections, sequence analysis and characterisation of antibodies. Strong organisation skills, a flexible approach, exceptional team-working and an ability to prioritise work within a demanding scientific environment are essential qualities. This is a full-time predominantly lab based role with scope for line management opportunities as the team grows.
- Contribute to workflow generation for project delivery.
- Establish robust processes for internal cell line generation.
- Implement processes to develop in-house antibody generation capabilities.
- Provide cross functional support, facilitating phage display, protein expression and antibody characterisation.
- Presentation and reporting of work to internal project teams and external clients.
- Maintenance of accurate experimental records and delivery of high quality reports.
Essential Skills / Requirements
- PhD or equivalent laboratory-based experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ working in biologics drug discovery, ideally within the pharmaceutical /biotechnology industry.
- Strong molecular biology skills including PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Experience in transient/stable cell line generation and flow cytometry characterisation.
- Working knowledge of antibody display platforms, lead isolation and profiling in plate-based assays.
- Ability to accurately interpret data and set up analysis workflows.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to enable delivery to deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June 2021. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.