Vacancy – Scientist
The RxCelerate group of companies provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies. RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes.
RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to join us to develop our services. This position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
This is an exciting time to join RxBiologics as we scale up to support our growing client base following our external service release in early 2021. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
The successful candidate will join our team of scientists. Training in antibody drug discovery process and techniques will be provided. The role involves facilitating the delivery of antibody projects in line with our clients’ requirements and own internal programmes. The candidate will also assist in the smooth operation of our laboratories. Strong organisation skills and motivation to learn are key qualities required for this position. This is a full-time lab-based role and the candidate will report into a senior member of the team.
- Support the delivery of internal and external client projects.
- Provision of cross functional support as required, for example in antibody display, protein expression and assay screening campaigns.
- Contribute to the operation of the laboratories.
- Reporting of work to line manager and the science team.
- Maintenance of accurate experimental records and delivery of high-quality reports.
Essential Skills / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant biological science and ideally a year’s laboratory-based experience, preferably gained within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical sector.
- A demonstrated interest in antibodies and their use as therapeutics.
- Molecular biology experience such as DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, gel electrophoresis and sequence analysis.
- Working knowledge of plate-based assays, eg. ELISA.
- An understanding of protein properties and common profiling assays such as SDS PAGE.
- Familiarity with aseptic technique and bacterial culture an advantage.
- Confident in preparing general laboratory media and reagents.
- Ability to work flexibly across projects with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Enjoys working independently and in a team.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June 2021. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.