Vacancy – Research Scientist Antibody Discovery
The RxCelerate group of companies provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies. RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated scientist to join us and help develop our services as we scale up to support our growing client base. This position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
The successful candidate will join our team of scientists. Training in antibody drug discovery process and techniques will be provided. The role involves facilitating the delivery of antibody projects in line with our clients’ requirements and own internal programmes. The candidate will also assist in the smooth operation of our laboratories. Strong organisation skills and motivation to learn are key qualities required for this position. This is a full-time lab-based role and the candidate will report into a senior member of the team.
- Application of molecular biology techniques for building of antibody libraries and construct design.
- Conducting selections using in vitro antibody display technologies.
- Analysis of antibody sequences to enable lead selection.
- Running antibody characterisation assays e.g. biochemical binding and immunoassays.
- Protein analysis using methods such as SDS-PAGE and Western Blottting.
- Provision of cross-functional support for delivery of projects.
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data.
- Maintenance of experimental records and delivery of high quality reports.
Essential Skills / Requirements
- MSc or equivalent laboratory-based experience, with a minimum of 1 year practical lab experience preferable gained in an industrial setting.
- Experienced in molecular biology PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis.
- Understanding of the biochemical properties of proteins.
- Experience in immunoassays such as ELISA or HTS assays.
- Cell culture experience.
- Confident in planning and executing experiments and enjoys resolving technical challenges.
- Ability to accurately interpret data and follow analysis workflows.
- Excellent organisational skills, capable of delivering to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to works effectively in a team.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st October 2021. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.